Sunday, July 13, 2014

Andrew Marr why the news lady? - BBC despite all the PC bull still stuck in 1970's

I don't get to watch BBC's Andrew Marr show that often, enjoyable as it is to watch the great and the good unable to give a straight answer. Admittedly participants rarely represent the masses as far as social backgrounds particularly since many like the presenter Marr have attended fee paying schools, but can someone tell me why the BBC with all its nonsense about diversity cannot bring itself to have a male newsreader on the Sunday mornings main current affairs programme.

I'm not saying they've never had a male newsreader on this programme but I've never seen it.

7 comments:

  1. I've never seen any disabled ones either, nor ones that are openly gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who that bird is but she has a lovely pair of bristols!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sian Lloyd from North Wales. Qualified solicitor. Bilingual Welsh/English and fluent in French language. Don't know if she went to fee paying school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't recognise her (I remember her with longer hair winning "Rear of The Year"). She's better looking than Reginald Bosanquet and Leonard Parkin!

      Delete
    2. You may not have noticed Tony but most of the news readers are women, ITV Meridian and Channel 5 nearly always use women and Sky certainly do. Nothing different about the BBC.

      Delete
    3. not sure that I agree 8:35 watching BBC news breakfast programme this is generally presented by boy girl duo, both of equal stature, come Sunday at around 8:45, girl presenter makes excuses and leaves to read news for Andrew Marr if that isn't a throwback to the 1970's I don't know what is

      Delete
  4. Surely it doesn't matter whether it is a woman or a man, as long as they do the job well. What would matter would be if talented men were not being given the right opportunities because of a policy that favoured women.

    ReplyDelete