Monday, April 24, 2006

The NHS crisis?

Amid all the scare mongering about the state of our health-service I think the public have reason to be reassured that things aren't quite as bad as they seem. Whilst it may look bleak all these stories about redundancies for doctors and nurses I have good news on checking the East Kent hospitals NHS web site, the local NHS Trust is doing everything it can to recruit a new deputy manager, information analyst and a clinical coder for Canterbury hospital to maintain admin levels. So next time you have chest pains fear not.


I'm sure that East Kent hospitals Trust are fully competent and know what they're doing. But just exactly how are these NHS trusts run, for instance do you know anyone who runs one of these trusts. How what do you get the job, this is one of those things that niggles me. We apparently live in a democracy I know this because right or wrong our government is doing its level best to impose one on the citizens of Iraq. Coming back to local issues have you ever been asked to represent your fellow residents or colleagues in the running of our our local hospital, outside of local elections does anyone ever seek your opinions on local institutions.

1 comment:

  1. I would dearly love to know too.
    Same old story, jobs for the boys. Never mind the patients.
    It really worries me, this no accountablilty

    ReplyDelete