Saturday, May 24, 2008

Careless Council ?

This weeks Thanet Gazette carries the story of a young child, injured by a fence, which is partly the responsibility of Thanet Council and the Newington Community Association (the fence not necessarily the accident), now it would appear that neither the council or the community association have had the good manners to just acknowledge whose responsibility it is in such cases.

Thanet council and I understand the community association responded to press with the expected no further comment stuff, which is naturally, since this would be a condition of their insurance companies, but I just wonder whether either of these two organisations actually expressed regret or said sorry which I'm pretty sure would not be an omission of liability but a civilised response.


Perhaps one of my councillor type readers, could ring up Thanet councils chief executive and clarify the situation.

Story on thisisKent.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Tony for the record when I spoke to the Gazette I did say that we regretted the accident and were glad that Lewis had made a recovery. As liability , if any, has not been established and Mr Cornwell has been threatening all and sundry with legal action it is prudent not to comment further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wrote this because, a young child had been injured and it seems to be the thing for public institutions not to respond in proper manner such expressing regret in such cases, I'm pleased that your organisation has expressed regret, and hope that goes for Thanet council as well.

    ReplyDelete