Thursday, October 11, 2007

MONSTER SANDCASTLE ON MARGATE BEACH

I'm not sure what they were doing but it looked expensive, for whatever reason the council are apparently paying to have several thousand tons of sand to be heaped up into some sort of sculpture.

Maybe this is some innovative marketing attempt by Thanet Council to promote the name Margate, possibly they are constructing the world's biggest sandcastle, I'm not sure maybe someone who does know, could leave a comment.


Anyway it appears to be the current fad with many local bloggers to use video, I shall leave you with some extremely poor quality video, my intention had been to astound you with the quality of video from my new telephone gizmo, unfortunately I don't have a clue how it works yet.


I did make inquiries with a couple locals who were standing around, but their explanation that this massive construction was to stop sand being washed up on Marine Terrace seemed too mundane.






3 comments:

  1. Maybe an unusualy high tide is expected.
    Or they could be doing a remake of Lawrance of Suburbia. They would't have to look far for extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they did this last year....... perhaps they think it is part of the café culture!! Still looks awful though!

    ReplyDelete