Friday, October 06, 2006


Britain's newspapers can we trust them?
Reading the front-page of the Daily Mail, I am struck by the accuracy of their front-page story, as reported by Kirsty Walker and Tim Shipman. Probably what throws me, from reports that I have heard in the broadcast media, is the tone of their report. Particularly worrying is the fact that the journalists, seem to have a slim grip on the meaning of words, their report says that Jack Straw is engulfed in a race row, presumably inferring that Mr Straw was somehow being racist when in actual fact he apparently appears to be challenging a religious custom, nothing to do with chromosomes, but culture and philosophy.

Just as yesterday's Sun newspaper, appeared to me to have a very distorted front-page, so has the Daily Mail in my opinion. First and foremost the headline claims that Jack Straw has told Muslim women to take off their veils, now I listened to several reports on the radio yesterday, and when Jack Straw was interviewed, the version he gave was that he asked if Muslim women would remove the veil.

It seems, remarkable that the Daily Mail employ two journalists, to write their lead story and still manage to come up with what appears to be crap, me on my own with limited resources, and a minimalist education from KCC (not even an O-level in English), manages to produce a steaming hot pile of fresh innovative inspiring informative S**! everyday.

I am thinking of starting a new Web blog solely devoted to lazy incompetent journalists whose skills seem mainly devoted to producing rewrites of press releases, with a sprinkling of cliches, slanted towards the political prejudices of their readers. Strangely I find that some of the best journalism, that is factually based stuff is to be found in the the local press.

You may well think, a lot to what I write is complete rubbish, and frankly it is, the differences is I suppose, I don't have to write it, and you don't have to read it.

Just for the benefit of the two journalists, I will provide a link to an online dictionary, so that they may get some insight into the difference between race and religion. Please click here

2 comments:

  1. My dislike of the daily fail is well documented. It's a bigoted, borderline rasist and homophobic rag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly for your best and most accurate news you need to be reading the Isle of Thanet Gazunder!

    ReplyDelete