Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Apologies to Kent Highways

Uncomfortable as it is, I owe Kent Highways an apology, recently I had a good old bitch about the pigs breakfast made to the Lower High Street in Margate and works in Market Street and Lombard Street.



Well not happy with the apparent laggard approach, from KCC I rang and demanded answers, which I got once I was through to the right person and they were only to pleased to help.


It seems that our own, Thanet Council have been in the driving seat on this one which makes the performance all the more remarkable.


From what I can gather, this has been dealt with I believe, by Thanet Councils "Major Projects Department" (also responsible for the councils Dreamland master plan) and I also understand Kent Highways is not to happy with the level of complaints coming not just moaning bloggers like myself but ordinary punters.


Just how a contractor can leave a work site in such a poor state, is beyond me, how Thanet council can be either ignorant or unaware of this fairly large development being left in such a state is beyond me.


When I made my initial complaint it was because apart from the general untidiness of the work site some aspects were clearly unsafe, like a paving slab left lying around at the bottom of the High Street (just the right size for some yob to put through a window), materials just dumped on the pavement, a loose and broken manhole cover.


If our local council were responsible for this job, you would have thought, they might have just keep an eye on work in progress, there office is only just up the road for god sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment