Monday, July 28, 2008

MP's revelation reminds me of my own trauma




Last week's Isle Of Thanet Extra, carried a story concerning South Thanet MP Stephen Ladyman, who revealed his experience as a teenager of being stabbed, made even more poignant by the fact the perpetrator was someone he thought of as a friend.


I too recall a similar memory, in my case, there was no actual stabbing with a pointed object, but the sense of betrayal has yet to leave me. Sometime in the nineteen nineties, I was befriended by a group of people who appeared to share similar values and aspirations, I spent many hours listening to their advice their plans and hopes.


All they ever asked in return, was that I would, at some point, fill out some paperwork for them, eventually I had the opportunity to assist.


Well that was 11 years ago, since then, I've been sucked into financial commitments I have difficulty in maintaining and in addition have less freedom to say and do what I want than I once did, having become a second class citizen in my own country.


That's right I put my mark on the ballot paper and since then I've been a victim of labour spin crime, stabbed in the back when they took away free higher education, again when Scotland was given greater democracy and more of my money, repeatedly mugged ever since by the same gang.


We the voters have to make it clear that bollix policy promises are not acceptable, Harriet Harman yesterday made some sort of nonsense comment about continuing to protecting those working very hard who are finding it a struggle to make ends meet, etc. Which is news to me since labour have done everything possible to attack British workers during their time in office, particularly in encouraging " essential workers" from Eastern Europe and at the same time continuing to pamper career welfare scroungers of whom there are many.


Last week Gordon Brown, received a warning from Scotland, which in some ways is rather ironic, since labour have been very generous north of the border.


For me and many others, it is astonishing given, the goodwill and support that labour had in 1997, how little they have done for ordinary working men and women of this country, when I mentioned this recently, one of our local councilors actually blamed Margaret Thatcher, apparently oblivious that his crowd had been power the last 11 years.

4 comments:

  1. Well said Tony. They are traitors to the people who paid for and voted for them to be in power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Readers may get the impression that I am some sort of loony left wing militant, which isn't true. It just so insulting the way all these tossers in the labour party have been making "were listening sort of comments" when what they really mean to say is were clueless f-wits who have been to busy lining their own pockets to notice how bad things have become for ordinary people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Labour being in power now for a long time, and cannot blame M.T. labour have spent public money, taken money in backdoor ways taxing people, ie pension funds, car tax. People are now questioning has the money been well spent and where are the improvements? Locally in Thanet we have a Tory council that is also facing unpopularity as local people feel they are spending money,and yet our towns declining at an increasing rate. People are questioning how the money has been spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would just love to be a fly on the wall when Mr Ladyman returns to his constituency, do his local grass roots members ever complement him on the governments progress, does anyone have the balls to ask What the ****s going on?

    Maybe its true that power corrupts, this is why I will always be a liberal.

    ReplyDelete