Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kent Show Traffic Horror

Mrs Me asks where is the car?


With 40,000 visiting the Kent show on Sunday, exiting the showground apparently resulted in some punters spending 3 hours or so crawling out, back on to the counties roads.


Well much moaning resulted giving Radio Kent's John Warnett show (Monday morning), an hour or so of indignant Kent residents whingeing about the fairly trivial matter of traffic management, instead of anything of real significance, which from experience is probably as close as Radio Kent gets to hard news.


Anyhow had the opportunity, to visit on Friday I had no such trouble and since we dished out I think 34 quid for the experience we hung on till the bitter end, which in our case involved watching choreographed JCBs with about ten spectators and then taking a good long nose at the Merdian evening news and local trivia programme being broadcast.


Must say how surprised both I and Mrs Me were, to note that the two presenters Ian Axton and Sangeeta Bhabra seemed as friendly and affable off screen as they are on screen, I always imagine that TV presenters are fiercely competitive and too goal orientated to be genuinely amenable.


Anyway me and the other half, having previous media experience (part of crowd on some american breakfast show also audience on a talk show where we had clap like sealions) thought we would get ourselves into the shot. Have now viewed the program on the Meridian website I note that both I and Mrs Me managed to get ourselves into the background on several occasions and I must admit to being guilty of phoning my daughter and telling her of our location.

I'm the fat bloke with a camera left hand side



Mrs Me in sunglasses stuck in the middle by presenters elbow


Me (on phone)and Mrs Me just to left of JCB



5 comments:

  1. Personally I think I would've taken all my clothes off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But where was the "Hello Mum" sign?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For you next appearance will we see you behind John McCririck at the races?, or what about at the glass window behind Garry Lineker when England are next at Wembley? You could apply to Mr and Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going a tad to far, anon01:16:00 PM.

    ReplyDelete