Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Dilemma

With hours to go I have like many (men that is) yet to embark on gift purchases for my nearest and dearest, unlike Mrs Me who has informed me that she has done her buying for this Christmas and hinted that I need not get too excited as she hasn't spent alot on me this year.

Since its better to give than receive, that doesn't bother me too much, and as usual for Christmas I rather selfishly, purchase either a book or some magazines, so that I have something to look forward to at Christmas (my choice this year a copy of Private Eye and Viz).  

Anyhow with giving I always reckon that its the thought that counts, irrespective of price, although to be honest, I rarely get things right, perfume has over the years been a big problem, invariably I miss hear the brand name and spend fifty quid or thereabouts on something that apparent is too sickly and generally results in a severe allergic reaction.

Jewellery is a particularly tricky item, although it also happens to be my top tip for any man who wishes to look generous at zero cost, a few years back being flush I decided to buy an expensive necklace or was it earrings on my credit card (it still had room), anyhow unbeknown to me the item was hideous, not a problem I gave Mrs Me the receipt unfortunatly the shop could not give her the refund as they needed the card holder present, a few days past, I get my card credited and things sort of drifted. Please note I'm usually not that mean and I think I paid for our holiday that year so don't be too judgemental also I reckon this tip may not be fullproof and result in all sorts of unpleasantness.

Anyway I shall continue to reflect on Christmas as I listen to my favourite christmas record "Fairytale of New York" which in better times (when the pound had some value), I've listened to walking around that city prior to Christmas.

I suggest everyone make the most of Christmas this year particularly if Gordon Brown continues to throw caution to the wind as far as the economy. Still on a lighter note Clive Hart, has sent a link for an animation It's the STRICTLY CLIFTONVILLE WEST 
 
Cllrs. Aldred, Clark, Hart, Johnston & Watkins wish all in Margate & Cliftonville
 a very merry Christmas!
 
(it takes a few seconds to load but it's worth the wait)

Mrs Me has informed me she doesn't expect a lot this year, I just wonder if I'd get away with copying this animation onto a DVD.

2 comments:

  1. Why not make a pop video for Xmas and give your wife a copy on DVD? Hallelujah.

    And then you can win a £1000. All you need do is keep voting for yourself!

    Here's how :--

    http://www.kenttv.com/soundclash.php

    Now thats how they plan to boost ratings.

    Merry Xmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good one Tony, and don't overdo it on the pigs in blankets! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete