Thursday, June 15, 2006

Big decision for Thanet

With the promise of sunshine, on Saturday and Sunday and the temperatures reaching around 22 C, the choice must be either beach or airshow. Preparations are well under way at Palm Bay, with marquees, fairground attractions, and displays already being set up.

If you notice, in the photograph a fence has been erected, on the edge of the green, I'm told its part of some safety arrangement, I am not sure whether this means that the existing fence that runs along the cliff edge is not substantial enough, or whether it is being put their to stop despondent English football fans doing something desperate, not having been entirely convinced with today's match performance with Trinidad and Tobago. Perhaps if you know you could leave a comment.

Not knowing an awful lot about football, I sent my wife a text message at half-time (I'd already been told not to ring), with some inane comment like "come on you Tobagoans", this sounded vaguely like something she would shout at the telly, and as it wasn't the beloved Chelsea playing I thought, I was entering into the spirit of the thing. Apparently not, a reply text came " something off", fortunately England improved by the time she arrived home. I am hoping I'll be allowed to go to the air show.

No comments:

Post a Comment