Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What were we thinking.

It's not often, that you are able to remember exactly where you were and what you were thinking and doing 25 years ago. This is one of those days for me, fortunately, due to my in-laws placing an advert, I am able to remember.

Generally this particular anniversary, announces itself, with breakfast in bed, served up by my wonderful wife, but with that ''you're dead meat'' look on her face, which alerts me to the fact I may have forgotten something, this is confirmed by door slamming and an inability to respond normal conversation.

Anyway what was I thinking, apart from the bad taste suit, I was thinking how lucky I was, which I still think today, my wife I never quite know. Still I don't think we've done to bad, as a month later, the Royal family had a similar if not slightly more brash affair which didn't last half the time but then that Family seems quite dysfunctional.

2 comments:

  1. The suit doesnt deserve an apology...it was the 80s! Congrats on the silver anniversary. She'll forgive you eventually, Im sure. On the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats too. It would appear that plenty of sausages have, er, gone under the bridge since that shot was taken. Mind you, I can't talk, I tried my old stand-up garb on the other day, couldn't do up a single button.

    ReplyDelete