Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Gales view TV interference
I have often supported Mr Gale, but in Gales view on Thanet Life and elsewhere I think the extra ( as you may know Extra is no longer free to the Flaig household but a miserley 45p so Im not sure) but this is where I draw the line.
Mr Gale appears to be with that element that concerns itself with whether the BBC, is to free to independant. I understand from his comments that Jonathan Ross another of our generations political heavy weights, has somehow upset Mr Gales sensibilities by asking Tory leader David Cameron if he had teenage fantasies about Margaret Thatcher,
What I would suggest is that Mr Gale; should really be asking himself whether his leader is up to the job, The whole point of The Jonathan Ross show is that it is frequently off colour, impertinent, lewd whatever if politicians dont want to look ridiculous or be humiliated I think they would show great judgement and maturity by not appearing on this sort of show.
If politicians dont have the depth to distinguish between politics and showbizs thats their problem not the BBC s, So please keep your mitts off the BBC Mr Gale, I'm sure the world would be a better place for politicians if we only had the likes of Sky broadcasting and other media trash like it, but in the mean time good bless the BBC and its independance.

3 comments:

  1. As someone who's worked extensively for both ITV and the BBC, I do get the impression the BBC regard themselves rather piously as 'the broadcaster's broadcaster', whereas ITV people are much less up themselves. That said, I don't think there's any alternative to the current set-up if we want to maintain public service broadcasting in this country. In Australia, where the ABC is funded directly by government, the poor mites have rather dwindled in the face of the onslaught from the commercial channels, and pressure on Johnny Howard's mob to cut their funding. Although SBS, Australia's new-ish alternative public service channel, is actually rather good.

    Nope, Dr Who is worth the licence fee alone, if you ask me! And I certainly wouldn't want Rupert's b*ll*cks in my front room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither, as mentioned a week or so back I have cancelled my sub to sky don't know how the wife will react to this when she cannot see her beloved chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

    ReplyDelete