Thursday, July 20, 2006


Increase your word power with Thanet council!
It's amazing how you can increase your word power in the most unexpected and seemingly mundane way. I just happened to be scanning through the Thanet District Council website when I stumbled across the situations vacant area. My initial reaction was how well paid these council employees ( and they are ) but then one in particular caught my eye, this being for, Assistant Democratic Service Managers, the job description requires the candidate to work as part of a triumvirate, which until today I had imagined was some grisly primeval insect with three backbones and too many legs to count, realising that even Thanet council would not go as far to force its staff into some grisly genetic experiment I referred to my dictionary, only to discover the following definition ''A group of three men responsible for public administration or civil authority '' a bit disappointing really (suggest they check regarding equal opportunities though).
They had all the other banalities one expects of public servants '' self-starter'' ''skilled net worker'' '' engage with'' ''life skills'' nothing much to concern ourselves with there, except maybe for this one for Major Developments Manager ''Political... skills are essential'' I think not, I prefer to see my politics conducted by elected representatives.
Still it's nice to see, that I can be so generous as far as pay is concerned with my local government employees, or officers as some of them prefer to be called. If you wish to blag one of these jobs be my guest and click here, you only have until 30th July, good luck!

2 comments:

  1. admit it your jealous. these ppeople work night and day for this area and deserve every last penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here, anonymous. They work all night, they work all day, they go to the lavatory. On Wednesdays they go shopping, and have buttered buns for tea.

    ReplyDelete