Sunday, February 25, 2007

Big Sky Beachcross 2007 Its not often I have anything good to say, about our local regeneration organisations but assuming that the costs were reasonable, this weekends Quad bike racing event looked successful despite the weather. It made good use of one of Margate’s best assets, the beach, proving that even in winter you can attract the crowds to the seafront and Margate.
I’d hoped to visit on Saturday but Mrs Me, wrote off the day, with rearranging the furniture (similar to flower arranging but requires my involvement and a lot more swearing) in the Great Hall at Flaig Mansions. Moving the Tele proved most problematic whats with those endless cable connections and why does the sky box need a telephone wire?.

I hope that they run this event next year, as I was only able to spend a short while, what with forced labour in the kitchen and then picking up the outlaws for lunch.

I’m sure none of the rest of Thanet’s Blogerati will have bothered to report on this event.

4 comments:

  1. 'Fraid you were beaten by Britain's Favourite Ramsgate News Blog, Tony old sport. Which in turn was beaten by Britain's Favourite Westgate News Blog, alas.

    I'm told the organisers predicted 35,000 attendees. Didn't look like much more than 3500 to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked pretty damp down there from where I was sitting playing tag with a 747.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather was not that bad would have been nice the sum had been out

    ReplyDelete