Monday, February 19, 2007

Doctor? Tony Blair offers 24/7 Surgery

Tony Blair whilst doing the round's, he has suggested that the NHS will shortly offer surgery around the clock, great news you say but just what are his medical credentials.

Well it doesn't look good, Blair's government has so far squandered 20 billion pounds on a computer system that doesn't work and probably never will, vastly increasing the pay to family doctors whilst reducing GP surgery hours.

What might impress me, is if Blair and his advisers woke up, realised they were wasting billions of pounds and offered to do something about it.

Blair these days seems to have the look of someone who's not of this world, maybe he ought to try and book appointment with an NHS GP 24/7 its strictly nine to five, Monday to Friday.

Perhaps one of his handlers could draw Mr Blair's attention to today's Times and an article entitled 'Disillusioned doctors say Labour decade of reform has failed NHS'.

2 comments:

  1. I went to my GP on Friday to have a lesion on my face looked at. He told me I would be better off going private if I could afford it, as the waiting list for NHS dermatology was longer than Tony Blair's arm.

    Not only that but there seemed to be another agenda. "We could scoop it out here but you might come back to us in 5 years time if it's something nasty and sue us." Oh how we laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a doctor with a sense of humour and a consultant he can recommend, personally I thought GPs had stopped this habit of acting as commision agents for consultants.

    Still this is pretty much the real reason we have always had waiting list and always will.

    Good luck Id go for the risky do it here option but then I'm no doctor or Lawyer

    ReplyDelete