Friday, February 09, 2007

Margate, Dreamland and the missing link

No I'm not referring to our local council who don't seem have any relationship or part to play in representing our interests with major projects in this area, I'll save that for later, no I'm referring to an electronic link.


A great amount of publicity has been given to the consultation process by developers for Dreamland amusement park. The local paper gave a two page unquestioning, spread plugging the interactive website and the Chairman of Margate Town Centre Regeneration Company mentioned it during his presentation yesterday as you would expect.


I even have a pen, part of the generosity of the company with Textmargate.com however I have been unable to log on to this site more than the once, and speaking to people yesterday they have experienced similar problems.


Now I don't know, why it would be unavailable given the promotion but I will place a link to it not that I have any confidence that it will work perhaps you could let me know maybe it's technical perhaps an expert could give an opinion.


Given that Thanet bloggers are generally available 24/7 and most sites are free from google, I just cannot fathom why there site is unavailable I have heard of something called net neutrality in America whereby telecoms companies slow traffic to some websites, anyway enough of that nonsense.

Here are some links which may be useful.





PS I am experimenting with an opinion poll placed on the side bar which isn't to scientific probably a bit biased and since you may not be able to design your own Dreamland as the Thanet Times puts it you cannot least have a vote!
***** UPDATE - WEB SITE SEEMS NOW TO BE WORKING - HOWEVER YOU STILL CANNOT BUILD A THEME PARK ON THERE INTERACTIVE SITE, STRANGE ? ***** @10:08 09:02:07

**** Server not found ***** (This seems to be a recurring problem)

5 comments:

  1. When you see what can be done in other coastal towns around the world, it makes you want to weep. By the way, I've got that sausage flavoured rock you asked for if you'd like to pop round later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah thanks for the offer my only reservation is ending up looking like one of those bloatty Sealions off pier 39.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason www.textmargate.com keeps being taken offline (or at least the redirect link to www.textmargate.co.uk is broken) It's all a bit underhand if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony, not on topic but do you realise your blog asks people to add their 'thoughs' little typo mate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stuart,
    Blimey that dislexia is a real pain,
    IQ of 126 (most likely added it up wrong) and cant spell. This is why I use voice dictation a lot and explains totally inappropriate words cropping up all over the place.

    See what happens when google give give (stutter)uneducated E-wit the oxygen of publicity and a platform to mumble from. As for the grammher

    Thanks anyway

    ReplyDelete