Sunday, November 23, 2008

Margate Big Sky and our Sandy


I see courtesy of Thanet Life blog (nice to see you back Simon), that this weekend Margate is hosting once again a Quad Biking Weekend, now since I travel past the beach everyday, I have this thought that maybe if any promotional signs that where put up to advertise this event they clearly didn't work (for me).

Still unclear messages seem a feature of Thanet life, like Sandy Ezekiel's comments in this weeks Gazette that feature a gripe about Labour's policy on building on suburban gardens, which I'd tend to agree with, but with this reservation, if Sandy's so concerned about building in gardens, why does he appear to be in favour of excluding the public from parts of Northdown Park Estate, it is his council which is attempting to ignore covenants protecting Northdown House and to flog off to some crappy developer, it's his council which has yet to give clear information as to why.

This is the same Sandy that has yet to answer the questions in my email to him about Northdown House?

8 comments:

  1. When I read OGL's comments, I laughed outloud. Can he not see the hypocrisy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. Margate's Big Oil The Beach Event.
    Stuff it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All other Quad bikers wear crash helmets, but I suppose our Eze-kill has a skull as thick as his skin and does not need one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does Simon feature Sandy in his blog - surely he isnt wanting favours? I thought he stood for intregity?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The three motorcycling councillors, Sandy Ezekiel, Alasdair Bruce and I had the honour of leading the procession of competitors and their machines along the seafront and back before the races started. I had my camera and took some photos - as usual - nothing sinister and one of these was Sandy on a quad bike!

    My integrity, real, perceived or otherwise, doesn't really have anything to do with it!

    PS.. good to see Tony Flaig getting the attention his independence deserves. It illustrates why 'Blogging' can play such a useful part of the community and democratic process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why oh why, well why not.

    Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not. by George Bernard Shaw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if this "Jolly" will be one of the ones subject to a budget cut next year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it plays such an important part why havent the Tories got rid of Latchford,Exekiel and Wise as we are all asking for? Perhaps they arent brave enough to stand up to them?

    ReplyDelete