Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This England

Well tomorrow is St Georges Day, and to be frank it has had little significance to me over the years and I hope will continue to be so.

Still increasingly it is becoming more important for those of us born in say 1950's 60' or 70's to have some unequivocal acknowledgement that English values and traditions are every bit as valid as those of Scotland & Ireland, and that we ought to be able celebrate, Englishness if their is such a thing so St Georges day has earnt more significance than its ever had in recent times.

No doubt if you've stuck with me this far, your either of the opinion that I'm a neo nazi or you share my bewilderment at how England has changed during the last ten years.

It's unlikely that you have the same, daily experiences I have, my work is manual, generally up in London or thereabouts, so I reckon I'm well positioned to observe the great social upheaval in England. I would love for someone high up in the Labour Party to explain to me why its possible that the majority of workforce on a major infrastructure project are not only, not English, British or even EC citizens but clearly have no legitimate right to be in this county other than as tourist.

The only reason I would like to more recognition of St Georges Day is that hopefully it would lead to some acknowledgement, that English people are a people, who may not be as vocal or loud as the Scots or Irish but ought to be entitled to some preferential treatment.

Labour have shown themselves strong in supporting Scotland not surprisingly since many come from the land of Irn-Bru, Whiskey, deep fried Mars bars, and subsidies from the English Tax Payer, and do not care about social justice, as they're happy to rob the poor of 200 pounds a year by taking away the 10p tax rate.

In expressing these opinions I'm probably guilty of who knows what but when you meet people born in this country irrespective of background who are prevented from working and or treated as second class citizens by an increasingly corrupt society lead by the Labour government you have to speak out.

2 comments:

  1. Then join those of us who have been quietly celebrating our national day for some years. Holding dinners with only english ingredients (trouble is the red wine is awful!), and exchanging red and white cards and gifts. Look around you, you can now by St George cards in most high street card shops, and I recieve an increasing number each year.

    When we started this some years ago, I was told we would never reclaim the flag of St George from the football yobs and the BNP - to which I always replied we must. I think I can say we are now succeeding. Don't moan, do. Celebrate and damn the others.

    Cry God for Harry, England and St George!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Chris

    Still

    "I know not if the day be ours or no"

    ReplyDelete