Sunday, April 27, 2008

A little gem in Ramsgate





Decided I would visit Ramsgate this afternoon, however I thought it would be best to avoid the Eastcliff, you know what those millionaires can be like, particularly when they've only just scrapped into the Sunday Times Rich List.

So I decided I'd go over to the West Cliff, admittedly their a rough and ready crowd, but very hospitable, in fact passing one door, the owners seemed so proud of their place they insisted me & Mrs Me take a gander.

Now I have read all about this credit crunch malarkey but I never realised quite how hard it had bitten over in the south side of the Island, neither I or Mrs Me were quite prepared to see a property in such a poor state of décor, clean and tidy it was but the furnishings and wallpaper looked as if it hadn't been changed since the place had been built.

I would guess that the owners are too proud to go cap in hand for one them grants but perhaps that media millionaire over on the Eastcliff could get one of those TV contacts of his to do a makeover show.

6 comments:

  1. I suppose they'll have to take another inventory of the silverware now they know Margatonians have been to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also visited the Grange on Sunday - what a treat.
    By the way, Mr T.P.'s ancestors are buried in the garden next door.
    I rounded the afternoon off with a nice coffee at the Look Out cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, This place is surely one of the jewels in thanet's crown?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went too, it is fantastic and because it’s rented out there are no do not touch or do not sit on signs so you can enjoy it for what it is, a family house. I have also put some pictures up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like it is well done to Roy Brewer then ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talking of gems, Northdown House is on the list of disposables published by TDC.

    ReplyDelete