Saturday, September 16, 2006

Baroness Uddin who?

Me too I had never heard of her either, till I read that she wishes the Pope to apologise for so called offensive remarks.

First off I am not a Muslim or Christian or devil worshipper for that matter (although I confess to believing in, Father Christmas, well I suppose we all have to cling on to something in our darkest hours) anyhow. This Lady has apparently called for the Pope to apologise for some, not entirely complementary remark and the fact he has, probably says more about him, god bless, than all those highly strung zealots* we’ve seen baying for blood the last few days.

Now if I go out of my way to offend the Prophet Mohammed pbuh, I too would expect, effigies of myself to be burnt, whether this is reasonable or not but clearly the Pope was involved in a theological argument, so where’s the beef????

I am having difficulty in finding similar calls by the baroness, for that other great holy man Abu Hamza Guilty of six charges of soliciting to murder under the Offences Against The Person Act 1861, also Guilty of three charges related to "using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with the intention of stirring up racial hatred" under the Public Order Act 1986, to apologise.

One thing I do know is that the Pope was elected to his post, not to sure how Lords and Ladies get theirs.

I do know that for saying what I do, I would in many countries not be free or breathing, something else I understand, that in christian belief forgiveness and the concept of turning the other cheek are prevalent.

I am sure having read Baroness Uddins biography that her position, is well deserved and like her I also believe myself to be a “strident advocate for social justice, human rights and equality”.

*The word Zealot is used in the non religious meaning A fervent and even militant proponent of something

Baroness Uddin has a Web page for more click here

BBC Story Apology call over Pope's comments


No comments:

Post a Comment