Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thank God for KCC
investing our money wisely for the future


As you know I'm not a religious person, but sometimes you just have to give thanks to someone. Any how I was going to write about, the Turner Contemporary project, and although my writing is rarely based on factual information I do attempt to acquaint myself, with some vague factual basis.

Anyway as I visited the KCC website, and more specifically the news section, just to check on progress with the Turner project, knowing what a value for money project, this has been so far and how careful KCC have been with public funds.

On arriving at the news page I am immediately distracted, local celebrity and a weather presenter Kaddy Lee-Preston, who in a rather contrived way is, would you believe it, forecasting a bright future for Kent.

Well no doubt you're asking yourself, what all this nonsense is about, thing is, Paul Carter leader of KCC, has been devoting some time to promoting his councils towards 2010 document, by meetings, by glossy proposals, reprinted post consultation and sent to every home in Kent, but clearly that is not enough.

And what's Kaddy's role in this, well clearly this young lady is very excited, by Kents towards 2010 document and surprisingly not the weather, so inspired is Kaddy she is prompted to say "Presenting Towards 2010 has given me a real insight into the excellent services the county council provides. The document makes for exciting reading and shows how KCC will make a big difference to people's lives in the next four years."

And what else, well it looks like, she is so keen, she has agreed to front a DVD, about Kent County Council's towards 2010 targets, which until this revelation I viewed in the same light as the old grey Soviet five-year economic plans.

KCC welcome invitations to bring their DVD round to local organisations etc (staff of Bignews Margate are free at the end of the month, if Kaddy would like to bring her DVD round, I'll just have to check with Mrs Me).

As for the Turner contemporary, I'll get back to you by at a later date.


KCC News

Kaddy Lee-Preston Web Site

No comments:

Post a Comment