Friday, September 01, 2006

Margates favourite news blog with new and improved layout !

Already more people than ever, are reading Bignews Margate, since the revamp, deciding never again, will they patronise tired old news blogs, obsessed with concerns of petty bourgeois worries about litter, air traffic or grannies racing their electric chairs at high speed down in Birchington High Street and all that stuff you get from other sites.

The people are tired of the cut and paste approach to bloggin, you know the sort of thing, the bbc reports, and then you quote four paragraphs verbatim, without bothering to add any significant comment or original angle, what you get here is honest undiluted thought, yes I refer to news, from proper news sources, but then only use small extracts, just enough usually to hang one of my rants on.

We live in a world of news but as one who works long days, I listen to the news at 5:30am most days find the same headlines are running 12 hours later on the way home. If bloggers have a mission in life, its not recyle the news its to freshen it up, and change the agenda.

Work to improve the site will be ongoing for the next few weeks, along with fresh ideas I will also be recycling old opinions in an attempt to fill space, I trust that the new layout is an improvement on the previous, can't really improve the writing however, as you will note there are new features.

You will see, I have added news feeds, from the BBC these offer Kent-based headlines, news video, and national headlines also stuff from Reuters, please note I dont endorse them and they dont endorse me, got it.

The site now includes, labels which give a broad indication as to the subject of various postings if you require more specific information then may I suggest that you use the Google search engine at the bottom of the page to locate precise results (the search facility at the top of the page does not seem to work).

I am considering bringing in a feature called though for the day, this will be easy, I will just go to one of those websites that has quotations, from famous people like are own, Eastcliff Richard, and bobs your uncle, blog sorted for the day!

If you wish to heap praise on me, or just let me know whats wrong with the blog, use the comment section.

4 comments:

  1. Tony, I enjoy my visits to Big News Margate but don't knock Thanetlife, it does you no credit. Variety in approach and a different perspective enriches the blogging experience and you all have much to offer, thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Im shocked at your ego

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of introducing a notwithstanding for the day. Or maybe a however for the day. Haven't made my mind up yet.

    Anyway, your revamp is a triumph. Only one thing missing - the sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may tread on toes and this blog post was quite bland and named no names so anon 12:10 lighten up old chap and as you bring Thanet life into the discussion I read this most days and often consider paying the complement of nicking ideas to fill my humble blog.

    ReplyDelete