Sunday, March 04, 2007

Tony Blair 'uncertainty'


In today’s Observer, Tony Blair says that he has created uncertainty, over his announcement not to fight the next election, for me this seems one of the least uncertain items for him to worry about.

I find the most disturbing aspect, of Tony Blair, is how when he gained power, he gave the impression of someone who cared, about those who helped put him in office, back in 1997 he couldn't be inclusive enough every thing was the 'peoples' this, that and the other, even including the 'peoples princess' Diana Spencer. How many of us were genuinely tricked into believing that Blair and his government gave a toss for the ordinary working people of this country.

Well ten years on almost, I honestly cannot think of much that Blair has done for us mere mortals, it seems he cannot brown nose, the top knobs enough. In the Sunday Times, we read that Tony Blair is shortly to be hob-nobbing with rich America billionaires, at some function at Downing Street (I just hope I'm not paying for the food as well as the venue).

It looks to me like Blair, is sorting out his future, I wonder if having helped the Bush's family & mates in their Iraqi adventure, whether he will be looking for one of those jobs as a "consultant" with the American defence industry. He’s shown an uncritical attitude to America, which has diminished this countries standing in World and America.

I feel, Blair and his aides have used spin, for so long, that they, no longer, have the same handle on reality that we the ‘people’ have. Even if Blair is uncertain about things, I'm convinced that the British public are certain that much of Blair's reign has been more about promotion of Blair, than the 'people'.

No comments:

Post a Comment