Friday, June 15, 2007

Margate’s big event
Thanet thinks big and gets it right




How often do I praise our local council, not often, but I must admit walking round Palm Bay, this evening as last minute preparations are made to stage this years, big event I have to say that it looks better and more professional than last years Kent Air Show.

This is proof that the council can get things right, now I pay roughly £120 a month in rates for which I get my bins emptied each week, and that’s about it, this month will however represent good value since for that same money I get an air display, live music, arena displays a variety of entertainers walking about various attractions around Palm Bay, a fair ground, firework display and its only a ten minute walk from home.

It’s a pity the council can’t put this sort of entertainment on more often, and I’m sure it will be many times more entertaining than occasional performances held in the council chamber.

Margate’s Big Event SATURDAY PROGRAME CLICK HERE
Margate's Big Event SUNDAY PROGRAMME CLICK HERE
The big event is free so you have no excuse to miss out

2 comments:

  1. Tony,

    Whilst I understand your frustration at the level of council tax you pay, you do get a tad more than your dustbins emptied.

    ie:- Fire, Police, trading standards, street lights, roads(ok, not so good in places), public health, car parks, public parks, subsidised swimming pools, beach cleaning, cctv, electoral services,harbours, and the list goes on......... oops nearly forgot events such as the one you describe.

    But you are right, it promises to be a big event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps,

    forgot our investment in the future, EDUCATION

    ReplyDelete