Saturday, June 02, 2007

Something for the weekend



If your doing nothing this weekend or what is left of it, may I suggest a drive out to Fowlmead Country Park this is between Sandwich & Deal. I had half attempted to visit last weekend but on the opening day, the rain was belting down when me and Mrs Me arrived at the Park.

I found myself temporarily in the car park set aside for the opening day, but felt Mrs Me might just get a bit truculent, if actually forced out of a dry car interior. It was apparent that the promises of a celebrity, even of David Bellamy's stature, would not make for a very jolly afternoon, Mrs Me might well have turned ugly. I didn’t fancy having to wait in the rain, to board some ancient East Kent bus (no doubt a classic vehicle to some) to get to the park, so instead we agreed that we would go for a meal Mrs Me paying.

Any how visited the Park today, not crowded, no temporary car park, as former coal tips go, its probably one of the best I’ve been to. I am not sure where they spent the millions in turning into a country park but it will mature into a fantastic asset and as the sun was shining made for a pleasant afternoon stroll.

Only problems is that there seem to be an awful lot of rules, also if you have time off in the week, forget it since the park is only open on the weekend for the time being, also they still seem to be building the visitor centre, and you will find the information a bit scarce.

No comments:

Post a Comment