Saturday, May 06, 2006

Changes for Turner

I have had the good fortune to be away from Thanet this week, so I have not had the opportunity to comment on the local news which may not be a bad thing. It seems to have been a busy week with everything from abuse of computers, the council giving away money to hotelier's, small housing estate to be built at Westwood finally a rabbit escaping home and losing a limb.

I see that Mike Evans, the Turner project director is leaving his post, due to changes in the council structure, councillor Mike Hill has credited Mr Evans with having done a superb job in regard to the Turner contemporary so I wonder why the council are allowing him to go. I have little knowledge of who is responsible for the debacle which eventually became the Turner offshore but feel that it is about time that KCC gave some detail as to how £8 million near enough was lost. It is clear that the wrong design was picked at the initial stages so I wonder if we will ever see those responsible take any credit.

I am just considering whether I should brush up my CV, and post it into KCC on the off-chance should they require further changes in personnel. In fact it is one of those mysteries in life which I think I have mentioned before, just how exactly do you get jobs such as those thrown up by the Turner contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment