Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Drought what drought?

As you can see from the photograph things are looking pretty good, my stock have never been in better shape and neither has the grass. So what is all this nonsense about Southern Water applying for drought orders. It's a pity the directors of Southern Water never get to go to the Mediterranean, were they to do so they would notice even in the driest conditions swimming pools are full and lawns are being watered.


Our water companies are unable to construct a National Grid for water despite the fact that we have an abundance of water in this country and they have made billions in profit.

I find it somewhat appalling that in a country that is only slightly drier than Atlantis, we will shortly have standpipes in our street due to water industry incompetence, and to top it all, although we won't be able to run a tap in our homes soon, such is our industrial competence Tony Blair feels we ought to consider massive new investment in nuclear power I'd rather have a drink first.

I just hope that if Southern Water are going to make me queue at a standpipe there will be an adjustment in the Bill.

6 comments:

  1. Hasm't stopped raining all day odd drought this might get some sun by august

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wont be suprised if the water companys dont need more money next year for putting out all these convient taps it the street

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, methinks you've been pulling our collective plonkers. Those cows aren't real, are they? Come on, admit it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eastcliff in reply I would get the opinion of the vet but as they regularly charge 40 quid near enough, just to take a urine sample from the cat, im not sure I can afford to have three cows examined

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. I've now used one of my James Bond style laser analysers on your photo, and if the two small daisies at the bottom are anything to go by, the cow at the front must be about the size of one of my gnome friends from Netto. Unless I've mistaken the daisies for people, in which case... RUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Eastcliff sir Don't panic the cows are a maximum waist heigh unless your a midget or a child, Ive not been to netto recently and was unaware that they were exploiting gnomes I shall immediatly inform the Home Office

    ReplyDelete