Monday, May 22, 2006

Who?

As I think I mentioned before, I frequently work at the weekends thus I'm deprived of being shocked and horrified over a mug of Earl Grey tea and lashings of toast on Sunday morning. Good thing to, judging by this week's Sunday Times, page 2 carries this story "Tory A-lister, urges well-off to avoid burdening NHS".

Adam Rickitt, is quoted as encouraging people to use private health care if they can afford it. All well and good but you might just ask who this political heavy weight is (check it out for yourself click here), apparently he's a former star of Coronation Street.

So what you might ask yourself, but apparently this chap is one of 104 high-flyers selected by Conservatives for safe or winnable seats, David Cameron Tory party leader wishes to broaden the Conservatives appeal. I just hope this isn't indicative of the depth of political thinking that we can expect from David Cameron in the nightmare scenario that he ever gets elected as Prime Minister.

Coming back to local issues, North Thanet has been represented in Parliament, by Roger Gale for many a year and he has been a good representative for his party and constituency, but surely he must be a considering retirement at the next election and I just wonder whether the Tory party have anyone as competent as he to take his place.

Maybe it is a generational thing, perhaps Adam Rickitt, coming from a TV background might make an ideal replacement as I believe Roger Gale was in that industry as a producer himself, personally I am not convinced.

Still I haven't got anything planned for the latter half of the decade, perhaps Mr Cameron might wish to contact me (by nature I'm a liberal but I'm easily led).

7 comments:

  1. These young tory upstarts must be scrapping the bottom of the barrel surely

    ReplyDelete
  2. What next that Jade bird from essex you know the one was on that Big blogger program

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has david cameron looked at Eastenders for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former member of the Conservative Party, who quit in protest at the A-List, I have a fair amount to say about this. Ill try to keep it short.

    60% of female applicants got onto the list, compared to 10% of male applicants. Many members of the Party that have spent years working hard for the Party have been turned away from the A-List. Adam Rickett, in my opinion does not deserve a spot on the A-List. Its not meritocratic, nor is it fair on local Associations, which lose the right to choose local candidates. There is an element of sexual discrimination as well.

    Adam Ricketts comment on the NHS is wrong. Its directly contradictory to David Camerons own comments.

    A list of those said to be on the A-List is on the ConservativeHome's Goldlist weblog. Theres also a list of the constituencies which will have to choose from the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James When I read the article, to which I refer, the story looked implausible then I read from Adam Ricketts website took a look at his press cuts and noticed how seriously political journals of our day, take Adam, heavy weight political journals such as OK magazine, Soaplife, What's on in London and Woman's own journal.

    I was rather upset that the last press story on a these Web pages which goes back to February 2004 real-life 20 things about Adam (Soaplife magazine) glosses over his significant political philosophy.

    I can see why you quit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    ReplyDelete