Thursday, May 18, 2006



This would rattle a few cages in Thanet

It seems to me, that our local Nimbys are not what they used to be, I rarely see a letter in the paper complaining about Manston. I just wonder what they would make of the new Airbus A 380 (at Heathrow for the first time today) should it ever darken the horizon over Ramsgate.
What always amazes me about our Manston Nimbys is how so many of them are native to Thanet and yet only realised that we had an airport in the vicinity when the RAF moved out. Obviously the base had some hitherto unknown Stealth technology.
What an amazing European collaboration I think we make the ash trays and the wings, BAE have decided to flog their share of this magnificent project.

7 comments:

  1. bit hippo critical on this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Antonovs are bigger than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some NIMBY's have become Government Ministers...now thats an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the antonov cannot carry passengers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'll still blow your roof tiles off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reckon it would take more than a little 'creative accounting' to inviegle one of those monsters into Manston....
    Just as well, the shadow would take so long to pass over, me tomato's would shrivel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I worked at Gatwick for 14 years, seen all kinds of planes land and take off. This one looks kinds cumbersome.

    ReplyDelete