Friday, May 19, 2006

Green Light for Westwood Housing Estate
We have been told that the new housing development Westwood is part of some master plan, if this is the case it is refreshing to see that our council leader Sandy Ezekiel has admitted that 100 million of pounds is required to improved Thanets road system. The developers of the Westwood housing estate have made it quite clear that they believe they have taken sufficient steps so as to not add to our at traffic congestion.

Perhaps in the light of Mr Ezekiels statement he could make some of public statement as to whether he is in favour of what the new Gleeson homes development. I think it is something we should know.

6 comments:

  1. From what I can make out, the 'steps to mitigate traffic chaos' amount to two mini-roundabouts....
    If this 'plot' ever get's past the planners I really will believe in the 'back-hander' system!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, what on earth are these posters all about on Dreamland and along the promenade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nethercourt I have a sinking feeling, there is big money at stake, our planning authorities don't seem to concerned if at all. And as to the backhanders I'm fairly sure our powers that be, aren't that smart or for that matter dishonest. I just don't think they can see the obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous 4:28 Pm, posters what posters me I don't go out that often.

    Perhaps you could be kind enough to enlighten me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big ones along Prom and on dreamlad tower (people on Thanetlife say its all to do with some arty farty art project run by Artangel see Artangel.org.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As it happens I have seen these and they are quite thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete