Monday, May 22, 2006

Drought water companies to act
I think I may have a tendency to hallucinate first thing on Monday morning when I turn on the Radio 4 programme today, this morning I am sure I heard one of the presenters tell me that the water companies were about to increase their charges in order to plug the many leaks in the system.


Surely there must be some mistake don't we hear every time that the water companies apply for drought orders that they are already doing as much as is humanly possible to plug the leaks in their system, so how is it that they could now be suggesting a price hike to do what they are already doing with the utmost efficiency.

One thing I would say, is that drought rain seems to be heavier than the normal variety, I would normally illustrate this blog with my now familiar herd of cows but due to the severe drought conditions on the Flaig estate my herd are no longer visible due to the height of the grass.

You must congratulate the water companies, for their cheek they make vast profits out of a monopoly, tell us that they are doing all they can to resolve the 'drought', and now want more money assuming Radio Four's today programme is to be trusted.

6 comments:

  1. Rain all week up to Saturday when its overcast according to forcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What rain when this weekend this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than average rain on Thanet this year so far. Maybe like the railways 'wrong type of snow' we have the wrong type of rain falling all over the SE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are being had

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    ReplyDelete