Monday, May 08, 2006


Homosexuality is a biological fact isn't it?

I only ask the question because I see that plans are being made to stage a Gay Pride event in Thanet and also that Canterbury council are thinking of employing a policy adviser on equalities and access issues for gays and lesbians bisexuals transsexuals etc now clearly homosexuality is as natural for some as heterosexuality.

What I don't understand, is given that sexuality is a biologically determined behaviour which does not impose any disability on a person why is it it necessary to make such an issue of something which is usually a matter of personal preference, and as for Canterbury council how could they justify employing a policy adviser for what are normal people, maybe one day a local authority will employ an adviser for people who would rather not discuss their sex lives.

The organiser of this Gay pride event believes that homophobia is still at large in Thanet, maybe this wouldn't be such an issue (assuming it is) if organiser accepted that there was no longer any stigma, they are normal, which most of the community do.

I hope anyone reading this will take care and not assume that I am homophobic just world weary.

2 comments:

  1. so long as its not made compulsory there ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see no problem if they want a gay carnival. I do get tired of what are normal people living in the past saying 'look at us we're special'. I work in an office which has 3 homosexuals and one transexual and no one cares, they're normal whatever normal is!

    ReplyDelete